No Sugar Added, No “Fruit” Green Smoothie
Sometimes I want a smoothie, something nice and creamy and cold. But since I am dealing with yeast as part of my heavy metal detox, my body just doesn’t want sugar in any form. No fruits even, unfortunately. So here’s my green smoothie concoction that tastes good even without your typical high-sugar fruit! Avocado is considered a fruit, but it certainly has much less sugar than your typical fruit. Lemons (also a fruit) are alkalinizing in your body and help support your liver to keep functioning properly. Stevia can sweeten the deal if you need it. Without all the typical fruit sugar, this drink will stabilize your blood sugar and alkalinize you. The good fats from the avocado, coconut oil, and macadamia nut oil will keep you full for a while, so it makes a great breakfast or snack (or lunch or dinner!). Enjoy!
Ingredients (Use organic where you can.):
- 1/2 large lemon, peeled and seeded (can use lime instead if you like)
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1/2-1 cucumber (I use about a 6″ cucumber)
- 1/2-1 scoop green powder for even more oomph
- 1 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil (optional but you will miss it!)
- 1 Tbsp unrefined macadamia nut oil (optional)
- a few drops of stevia (optional)
- a pinch of unrefined sea salt
- 1 raw pastured/free-range organic egg (ok, so if you are squeamish, don’t add this)
- 1 handful of ice
Put all ingredients in a good blender. The better the blender, the smaller the pieces will be. Blend until smooth. Share with a friend, but only if you want to! Drink immediately.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.